Public Organisation “SBT Localization Team”, aka Локалізаційна спілка «Шлякбитраф», is registered in July 2018. The main goal of our organization is to popularize gaming culture and increase overall awareness of the subject by performing educational work in the form of lectures and presentations at relevant meetings and conventions. We aim to encourage the Ukrainian gamer to seek out Ukrainian content and thus stimulate the media market’s development. The founders are Oleksii Ivanov, Sofia Shul, Olha Khmelnytska.
SBT Localization Team was formed on the base of SBT Localization, a community of volunteer translators.
The community was founded by Ihor Solodrai in 2012 by volunteer translators from the Ukrainian localization project Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition. Some of those involved in the project decided not to stop at what had been achieved, but to continue promoting the Ukrainian language in games.
The name (“Shliakbytraf” in Ukrainian) comes from a particular Polish expression, that has German roots (“schlag treffen”). One way or another, the members of SBT localization Team believe that words can be said with various meanings, and so take the liberty of interpreting their name as “Noble and Accurate”.
As a matter of principle, our team cooperates with game developers on official terms. We strive to show developers and publishers that there is a demand for Ukrainian localization in Ukraine—such a demonstration is our way to spur its further popularization. We believe that Ukrainian gamers deserve Ukrainian localization of their favorite games, as they want it and are ready to pay for it. And we harbor no doubt that soon there will be enough Ukrainian-speaking players to form a market for Ukrainian localizations—a market that is stable and properly commercialized.
That’s why we work without a let-up.
During its existence, the community has already translated more than a dozen games, a few works of literature, and has established contact with a number of developers.
SBT Localization has been keeping out of unofficial localizations for the rest of the time. However, some members of the team may simultaneously participate in other localization initiatives.
For details see OUR PROJECTS page, please.
- Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Metro: 2033 Redux
- Metro: Last Light Redux
- The Stanley Parable
- Hand of Fate
- Blues and Bullets
- King’s Bounty: Crossworlds
- Endless TD
- Day of Infamy
- Gone Home
- Ash of Gods
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- Grimmwood – They Come at Night
- Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
- Abraham Meritt’s story “Through the Dragon Glass“
- Terry Pratchett’s comedy fantasy “The Colour of Magic“
- “Giant’s Heart” by George MacDonald
- “The Light Princess” by George MacDonald
- “The Golden Key” by George MacDonald
- Comic series “Man in Black” (1967) by Harvey
- Comic series “Outsider” by Jim Francis
Progs and Apps
- Cartoon “Pets on Their Own” (Eng)
- Anime series “Made in Abyss” (sponsoring and editing)
- Cartoon series “Hilda”
“SBT Localization helped us deliver a fantastic translation in Ukrainian, and were incredibly diligent and easy to work with. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Ihor and his team even for work that, like our title Hand of Fate, is both wordy and complex.”
“Thanks to SBT Localization we have been able to reach a bigger amount of users. Their workflow and professional style made our collaboration agile and easy to manage. I cannot recommend them enough!“
A Crowd of Monsters
“Hi! My name is Ilya Tolmachev. I’m lead of development of game Cradle (http://store.steampowered.com/app/361550/). I confirm that the SBT team has done Ukrainian translation for Cradle. We are very pleased with their work. SBT demonstrated high professionalism – have done an excellent adaptation and work performed in accordance with the schedule. Ukrainian localization has received high ratings from players.“
Flying Cafe For Semianimals
- Oleksii “Stravenger” Ivanov – leader, proofreader, contact person
- Sofia “Selina Sebro” Shul – chief editor, admin, contact person
- Olha Khmelnytska – editor
- Yurii “Shahor” Bisyk – editor
- Maksym Duvanov – editor
- Ivan Yankovyi – technical manager
- Bohdana Vozniuk – translator
- Andrii Pekar – proofreader
- Oleksander “ArchmageLuk” Lukianov – translator, contact person
- Yanis Verminko – translator, contact person
- Tetiana Cherednychok – editor
- “Dinadin Cross” – translator
- Oleksandra Kutsan – editor
- Maria Polishchuk – translator
- Yevhen Tkach – translator
- Tetiana Kaliuzhna – editor
- Anastasia Zhyshchynska – translator
- Pavlo Donchenko – translator
- Andrii Serbovets – translator
- Nazarii Riabcheniuk – translator
- Yurii «Dragon» – translator
- Vasyl Nabochenko – translator
- Iryna «Mirina» Makovska – translator
- Oksana Bukanova – translator
- Andrii Kozhushko – proofreader
- Larysa Sych – translator
- Karina “Shidris” Voloshyna – translator
- Yulia Hladka – translator
- Eduard “loginedward” Spirkin – translator
- Tenevyk – streamer
- Mariana Voitseshchuk – translator
- Anastasia Rantiuk – translator
- Oksana Ryvko – translator
- Bohdan Peredrii – translator
- Oleksandr Moskalenko
- Anna “ASeegull” Chaika
- Rostyslav “Rusty”
- Anastasia Tereshchuk
- Anastasia Rutylo
- Yevhen Kucherov – voice actor
- Taras Protsyshyn
- Bohdan Tsymbaliuk
We are always happy to meet new talented and enthusiastic people eager to try their hand at localizing games.
We look for capable translators and proofreaders.
1) excellent knowledge of Ukrainian and English languages;
2) high responsibility;
3) account on Telegram (for communication and discussions).
Contact us to learn more.
If you do not have time to engage in Ukrainization of games and yet are not indifferent to the topic of the Ukrainian language in games, you can help our cause by transferring any amount to:
5169 3305 1649 7846
or become our patron on